Letters regarding class placement and other important back to school information will be mailed at around Friday, August 7th. You should receive your letter the beginning of the following week. That letter will contain your student’s class assignment and dates/times for beginning of the year events.
- The 2015-2016 August edition of the Charger Chronicle will be available on the school website By Monday, August 10, 2015.
- On Tuesday, August 11th at 6:30 p.m., we will have our ice cream social “Chill Out with the Chargers”, in the middle of the quad.
- On Wednesday, August 12th, at 8:30 a.m., we will hold our Kindergarten Orientation for parents.
- Thursday, August 13th is the first day of school. School begins at 8:00 a.m. and our school campus opens at 7:30 a.m. (students should not be dropped off earlier than 7:30 a.m. as there is no supervision at that time)
- Wednesday, August 19th is our Back to School Night and it starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 19th is a minimum day for grades 1st-6th. Students will be dismissed from School at 12:10 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 19th is a regular school day for Kindergarten students. Kindergarten Orientation serves as “Back to School Night” for Kindergarten Parents.
- Thursday, August 27th is our first Picture Day, and our school photographer is Lifetouch.
- The CHES website at http://ycjusd.chapman.schoolfusion.us contains important information and regular updates about our school.
Our school office hours are 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. unless poster otherwise.
Beginning of 2015-2016 SCHOOL YEAR
July 27th- OFFICE CLOSED
July 28TH-July 30TH- Office Open 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
July 31st- OFFICE CLOSED
August 3rd, 5th, 6th and -August 7th-
Office Open- 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
August 4th- Tuesday- Office Open 9:30- 1:00
August 10th- Office Open- 11:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
August 11th-August 12th- Office Open- 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
August 13th- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
August 19, 2015
September 11, 2015
October 2, 2015
November 12-13, 2015
November 16-20, 2015
January 15, 2016
February 19, 2016
February 25-26, 2016
April 8, 2016
June 6-8, 2016
If your child misses school for any reason, please call or e-mail the Attendance Clerk, Karen Trathen at: firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 5084. Absence reasons must be reported within 5 days or they will automatically be marked unexcused. Note: not all absence reasons will be considered excused, even when they are reported within the 5 day window.