No School Monday, February 15th
Our 1st Grade classes are once again having a Sweetie Gram Fundraiser. For the low price of $3, a student can purchase a Sweetie Gram for themselves, a fellow CHES student, or CHES staff member. Students or CHES family members will fill out a card for the recipient at the time of purchase. All Sweetie Grams will be delivered on the morning of Friday, February 12th.
You can purchase a Sweetie Gram (while supplies last) in the morning before school and after school on Tuesday, February 9th through Thursday, February 11th and only in the morning before school on February 12th. Sweetie Grams can be purchased by anyone! This includes students, parents, grandparents, CHES staff members, and all other CHES family members. Donations are also welcomed. J (Repeat)
So come on out and purchase a Sweetie Gram for someone special.
“Together we can make Valentine’s Day a little more SWEETIE!”
“CURE ONE, CURE TWO, CURE CANCER WE’RE THROUGH”
Chapman Heights Elementary School is once again participating in the Relay for Life event in Yucaipa at Yucaipa High School on April 16th and 17th.
Listed below are some of our upcoming school fundraisers:
- February 8thMarch 18th we will be holding a Shoe Drive. Students are encouraged to bring in gently worn, useable men's, women's or children's shoes. The shoes can be tennis shoes, running shoes, sandals, women's heels, men's shoes, men's and women's boots, baby shoes, kids shoes and flip flops. Cleats must be in good shape if donated. No winter or rain boots, "wheelies (kids’ shoes with roller skate wheels) or ski boots will be accepted. The class that brings in the most pairs of shoes for the drive will get to dunk Mrs. Madrid in a dunk tank. Each student from that class will have the opportunity to "dunk her." Date of the dunk tank TBD.
- Ongoing Raffle in the office for 2 Star Wars quilts, a red and blue patchwork quilt, poppy table runner, a carryall bag and gift baskets. Drawings will be held at the event on April 16th
- Yoga-thon in the CHES MPR on Saturday, March 5th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Donation of $20 for adults and $10 for children. There will be a Yoga Basket raffle at the Yoga-thon also.
- Caught on Tape on March 16th. Students will once again be able to purchase strips of duct tape to tape Mr. Anderson and Coach Davis to the outdoor stage doors. We are accepting Duct Tape donations until the day of the event. You can send it with your student or drop it off in the office.
- Silver Saves Lives - Each teacher has a water bottle in their classrooms in order to collect change for our Relay for Life Team. Students can bring in coins to donate to their class bottle. This will be ongoing until the event.
If you would like to make a donation, or learn more about the Relay for Life please go to
Please make a donation and help us create a world with less cancer and more birthdays.
K-Kids will meet from 2:30 p.m.-3:15 p.m. in B-3 on the following dates:
May 10th (End of Year Party)
President: Leah Mulvihill
Vice-President: Rhett Bogh
Treasurer: Kate Brown
Secretary: Abby Barrows
3rd Grade Representative: Grace Napolitan
4th Grade Representative: Rogelio Barraza
5th Grade Representative: Kayla Scott
Parents- please make sure that you have made arrangements for your student to be picked up by 3:15 on these meeting dates.
Run Club will be held on Thursdays from 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. in E-7 (Coach Davis’ Room) and is open to all 3rd-5th graders. Please note that if there is a minimum day on a Thursday, Run Club will not meet.
Coach Davis, Ms. Hodis and Mrs. Kerr will be “leading the pack” again this year.
Below are the dates that Run Club will meet:
The dates that Dance Club will meet are listed below:
Robotics meeting dates
All meetings will be in H-1
please see special schedules below
Odyssey of the Mind will Thursdays from
2:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. (unless otherwise stated) in Room H-4
BELOW ARE THE DATES THEY WILL MEET
February 15th- 8:00-11:00
February 25th- 12:15-4:00
February 26th- 12:15-4:00
Children MUST be picked up promptly at 3:10 p.m. Failure to do so will result in your child forfeiting their spot to another child.
February 19, 2016
February 25-26, 2016
April 8, 2016
June 6-8, 2016
February 15th- President's Day Observance
March 21st- April 1st- Spring Recess
April 22nd- No School
May 27th- District Holiday
May 30th- Memorial Day
June 8th- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
If your child misses school for any reason, please call or e-mail the Attendance Clerk, Karen Trathen at: firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 5084. Absence reasons must be reported within 5 days or they will automatically be marked unexcused. Note: not all absence reasons will be considered excused, even when they are reported within the 5 day window.
7:30 A.M.-3:30 P.M.